nuron engineers, wastewater and sewer experts have worked together to develop and patent a next generation, dual-purpose fibre sensing technology for wastewater operators and industry.
nuron was formed by Mike Ainger (former Geo) and Mark Rutherford (Financial Strategy Expert) and commenced trading in 2015, bringing together their considerable experience of the utilities and telecommunication industries. The company was set up to address the need for a step change in monitoring technology for the wastewater industry, and to lead a team of bright entrepreneurs, innovators and engineering experts.
nuron’s entrepreneurial management team is headed up by Claire Fenwick, Managing Director, with Paul Dickenson as Technical Director and Louise Keogh as Commercial Manager. They combine successful careers focused on installing and running conventional communication networks, fibre networks in sewers and developing fibre optic monitoring solutions for oil and gas customers.
nuron’s technical advisors include experts in Optical Fibre Sensing and Networking, Sewer Engineering and Fluid Dynamics from the Pennine Water Group (a leading urban water engineering research group in the UK) at the University of Sheffield.
Left to right: Louise Keogh, Claire Fenwick, Paul Dickenson.
- Help wastewater sewer operators address pipeline and infrastructure challenges associated with climate change,
- Support a better monitored, measured and managed wastewater industry,
- Revolutionise wastewater monitoring to deliver real benefits to our wastewater customer’s and their end users (everyone!),
- Equip wastewater sewers and pipelines with fibre sensing networks to build SMART infrastructure and cities of the future,
- Drive invention so end users actively choose how they use their clean and wastewater.
- January 2015
nuron commenced trading as Moormead Solutions Limited
- February 2015
Desktop proof of concept
- March 2015
First seed investor funding round completed
- April 2015
SMART grant for proof of concept awarded
- May 2015
Patent filing for end-to-end solution
- November 2015
- July 2016
Proof of concept project successfully completed
- November 2016
Product development for live pilot trials
- December 2016
Second seed investor funding round completed
- December 2016
Moormead Solutions Limited renamed NURON LIMITED
- January 2017
nuron launch to wastewater market