make nuron make sense
nuron fibre sensing technology has several areas of novelty which make it unique and beneficial solution for the global wastewater industry.
Flow Monitoring and System Maintenance
- Real-time detection of blockage formation using changes in flow depth and velocity,
- Targeted cleaning and maintenance through detection of solids build up,
- Early detection of blockages reducing risk of sewer flooding and associated fines,
- Monitoring of SUDS installations (Sustainable Urban Drainage Schemes) directly or indirectly,
- Model validation & improvement using dense data capture including diurnal and seasonal variations.
Integrity and Security
- Detection of infiltration as influx of cold water away from lateral, possibly correlated with rainfall,
- Real-time detection of burst water pipes as influx of cold water not associated with rainfall events,
- Real-time alerts on sewer collapse through changes in flow velocity and acoustic properties of the pipe,
- Detection of crack propagation through repeated crack acoustic signatures at a location,
- Detection of void formation around sewers prior to formation of sink holes through changes in acoustics,
- System security monitoring by detection of manhole ingress and nearby works,
- Detection of unauthorised material dumping through monitoring of sudden changes of flow rate or chamber access.
- Facilitation of active control through real-time monitoring of flow rates at many hundreds of locations,
- Avoidance of capital expenditure through increased effective system capacity using active monitoring and control,
- Safe in-system storage of flood water with real-time monitoring to avoid overflows,
- Intelligent control of CSOs with evidence for strategies to reduce total discharge,
- Dense data input to machine learning control algorithms used for system optimisation.
Commercial and Reputational
- Improved reputation through engagement with innovation and improved environmental record,
- Detection of mis-connections to foul sewer,
- Analysis of discharge volumes from commercial / industrial users, potentially leading to network metering,
- Network metering of domestic users via flow rate detection at each inflow point,
- Improved customer engagement through sharing of intuitive and rich network data,
- Temperature monitoring for integration with heat recovery schemes.