make innovation make sense
nuron fibre sensing technology is a step-change for sewer monitoring, it's not 'spot' but 'continuous' in-pipe sewer monitoring with in-built networking capabilities to transform wastewater infrastructure and build smart cities of the future.
Continual Monitoring & Communications
nuron fibre sensing technology gives sewer and wastewater operators the ability to not only monitor ‘down manhole’ spot flow, but continuous ‘in pipe’ condition. Through continuous in-pipe monitoring, real-time control is possible. By measuring multiple parameters at the same time, every 5m along a sewer network, it enables potential incidents to be accurately diagnosed, alerted, rapidly localised and averted.
nuron fibre sensing technology is the only patented dual-purpose product on the market. The fibre containment system is a unique design sensitive enough to sense environmental changes, yet robust enough to withstand harsh environments. It also provides networking capacity for the integration of existing sensors, telemetry and communications at high-speed over fibre broadband.
Only Distributed Measurements Deliver Full Visibility
nurons distributed in pipe sensor
No blind spots
Multiple parameters at all locations
Limitations of discrete sensors
Localised visibility at access chamber only
Events in pipe undetected
One parameter at one location only
What Makes nuron Unique?
- Measurement of flow depth, velocity and temperature at ALL locations and ALL times along a section of sewer,
- Spatial resolution of 5m over a length of at least 10km,
- Smooth ragging-free containment system compatible with existing sewer operations,
- Less than 1% space occupancy in sewer pipes,
- Robotic installation giving retrofit access even to small diameter pipes,
- Additional networking fibre to address branched networks and deliver networking capability.
Ease of service
With nuron as a Service, for a predictable annual fee, you get:
- An experienced team to design, install and deliver the solution
- Easy Access to Operational data
- Monitoring and maintenance of the infrastructure
Spot Sensors vs. nuron Continual In-Pipe Sensing
|Power Supply||Above ground||In sewer|
|Communications||Secure networking via fibre||Relies on wireless coverage|
|Reach||Many km||Single location|
|Coverage||Contiguous, man-entry and non-man-entry||Access points only|
|Maintenance & Life||Minimal Maintenance for 20+ years||Regular maintenance for 5 – 7 years|
|Data Access||Anywhere along the cable||Pre-defined locations|
|Measurements||Depth; velocity; flow rate; temperature; structural integrity||Different sensors usually required for different variables, but no structural monitoring|